Tuesday 3 March 2009

DJD PRIMETIME


It’s time to take the next step in my DJ career. I would love to go out there and start playing in clubs, but with my current working situation that is virtually impossible, so the alternative is to start a radio show. A couple of months ago one of my best friends, Michael Staddon told me that he needs to ask me something... I had no idea what was coming my way. Michael and his business partner
Louise Gillespie-Smith is the founders of a life couching company called “create yourself” This very young company became very successful in a very short period of time. They decided to take it to a next level and start a radio station for “create yourself” called, “create radio” The question that was coming my way was; if I would be the first official DJ for create Radio? I nearly fell backwards! Although I have been offered a similar proposal, the other radio station could not work around my hectic schedule, where Create Radio CAN do that! In the weeks to follow a lot of work went into promotion, designing logos, taking photo’s, sourcing the perfect tracks for the 2 hour launch mix, mixing it all in to perfection, voice recordings, picking professional voice over’s to mix into the 2 hour set and last but not least, coming up with a name for the show. My weekly slot is every Friday evening at 8pm, so I thought that the appropriate name for the show should be: DJD PRIMETIME.
Now that everything is done there are only two things left to do. Promoting and launching the show! I recently met a promoter on Facebook called Michael Pfister. Michael lives in Toronto and promotes DJ’s. He writes monthly notes on DJ profiles and I have been lucky enough to be one of the chosen once. Michael and I will promote the DJD PRIMETIME show over the next few weeks. I guess the only thing then left to do is to sit back and hope for the best!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the hundreds of fans that have been very supportive. I don’t think I would have got this far without all you.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

The show launches on the 13th of March 2009 and will have a weekly slot of Friday evenings at 8pm, UK time. So for international listeners, please refer to the international time zone at:
http://createradio.net/modules/content/index.php?id=1
For DJD PRIMETIME on the internet, please log onto:
http://createradio.net/item/8 or click on title, DJD PRIMETIME of this story

Hope you enjoy the show!

DJD x

No comments: